Monday, November 4, 2013

Barriers to entry: Volume 2, femininity



I’m emotional. I admit it. I am convinced that if you were to record my thoughts and line them up with a whole slew of other people’s recorded thoughts and tried to guess which ones were male thoughts and which ones were female, you would put mine squarely in the female category.

I am feminine in many ways. I like to sing and go to plays and musicals and go dancing. I even write poetry and short stories for God’s sake. And though I feign to admit it, I am kind of into fashion and interior design.

But, just to clarify, I took the test and I am a 0 on the Kinsey scale. That is right 100% completely straight. So straight that arrows admire me.

How is this a “barrier to entry?” Because I am acting like a girl. And girls want the man who is a man. I am the “nice guy” who never goes home with anyone.

I am working at changing this and starting to assert my will more. If it works out I may stop writing this blog, but don’t count on it, as I still have many other “barriers to entry.” (stay tuned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment